Uh.... Yeah, this is hard. I don't have children to be proud of so being proud of something doesn't happen that frequently. I guess I'm proud that I worked out yesterday, but that's something I should be doing everyday and I don't make it a habit of being proud of stuff I should be doing. I could be proud that I only gained 2.5 lbs over Christmas, but nope.... Ok... Let's go farther back and just find out what I've been proud of recently.
My godson, Bobby. My oldest nephew and one heck of a smart kid. I love him to pieces!! (as with all my nephews and niece) He's in first grade and has the highest reading level in the class!! Holla!! :P I guess his father's smart and some people might say that's where he gets it from. However, I would disagree. And that leads me to the second thing I'm proud of...
![]() |
| Michelle and Bobby in 2008 |
My sister!! She doesn't always think so, but she is one awesome mommy. She is raising two great little boys. Aside from Bobby she has another son, Alex, who will be 2 in March. I always see her sitting with them teaching them to write and helping them with their reading. Or with Alex, singing ABC's and counting. She balances work, kids, school and housework. Ok... sometimes not so gracefully. She'll tell you that, but she does it and I don't know where she gets the energy from. She struggles, but always manages to pick herself up and keep going. She is the reason those kids are intelligent, humorous individuals... and often times rather goofy and I LOVE IT!!
* There will be more about her later and I already have the picture picked out.

Awww -- what a wonderful post!! I hope your sister gets to read this -- as a Mom it is SO nice to truly be appreciated for the things we do!!
ReplyDeleteI so should not have read this at 530 in the morning! lol I'm gonna have a headache all day from crying so early! lol You're such a great big sister! I'm so lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete