Monday, January 17, 2011

30 days of Blogging- Day 24

A letter to your parents

Dear Mom and Dad,

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate everything you've done for me. You've supported me through all my endeavors. Whether it was sewing costumes for Halloween, spending evenings in the band room sewing flags or trying to figure out how to engineer backdrops for marching band. Not many people have parents that would've dedicated so much time and energy to their child's extra curricular activities. You supported me without question when I decided to be a dance major and when I changed that major. You went to every dance recital, musical performance and spent countless Saturdays driving around to football games and band competitions just to cheer me on with your bells and clappers.

You are more than just parents. You're a friend I can go to without judgment when I need advice. And even when I don't follow the advice, you let me do what I think is right and don't push your opinion on me. I know that I can always count on you to be there for me no matter what my problems are.

You've taught me how to be a loving and compassionate person. It is through your guidance and example that I was able to build a loving and devoted relationship with my husband. You taught me how to pick my battles, and how to let the other stuff just be.

I am truly grateful for the happy home you built, the love and support you give so freely, and the stable home environment that allowed me to find out who I was and become the person I am today.

Love always,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment