Thursday, January 13, 2011

30 days of Blogging- Day 21

A picture of something that makes you happy



This is the Delaware Bay in Cape May, NJ. What was once my grandparents house, is now my parents. I've spent countless vacations just a short walk from this location. This is my peaceful place. I am in sheer heaven when I am here. This picture was taken on October 30, 2010. It was the morning of the day that my family scattered my grandmother's ashes on that very beach. If my father had looked farther to the left when he took this picture, you'd see a figure walking on the beach enjoying the crisp cool breeze, the warmth of the sun, the sound of the waves, and the feel of the sand under her feet. I had a spiritual moment on the beach that morning. I took a moment to honor the divine and connect with my spirituality. It was a moment of complete calm. This location will always have a special place in my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful view! I could sit there gazing at the water for hours..

    ReplyDelete