Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Turbo Fire- Week 1

Well, week one of Turbo Fire was AWESOME!! I love intense cardio! I did have to invest in a new pair of cross trainers because my running shoes just didn't provide enough support for high impact exercise. Wednesday's Fire 45 EZ workout was not EZ. It's only EZ-er than the Fire 45 workout that I haven't done yet. Anyway, it was 45 minutes long and I think I almost died! :P OK.. I didn't almost die, but after I was done all I kept saying to myself is "I have to stand in front of the stove and make dinner now?" It was very intense and my body was exhausted. When I finally got upstairs and into the shower, I swear I just stood there under the water for 10 minutes... not doing anything.... Just stood there lost in whatever it was that was going through my head... I think it was a to do list... My body hurt so bad that I had a hard time sleeping that night. Thankfully, the next morning, I didn't feel like I was dying anymore.

There was also a Core 20 workout that I'm scheduled to do again tonight. I love abdominal and core work. Who doesn't want a flat stomach? Then, Tone 30 workout. She does effective resistance training by having you do squats or lunges while working the biceps and shoulders. Pairing it together like that gives you a short and effective workout. LOVE IT! The only thing I wish I could do is mute the people in the "class." I can only take so many Aw YEAH's and hoots and hollers. It's almost distracting. Thankfully, you can set the music to "fired up" and you won't hear as much of it, but you also won't here the verbal cues from the instructor. So either you take the visual cues or you deal with all the noisy people in the back round.

Friday was also WI and I was down the whole 2.5 pounds that I had gained over Christmas. Woots! I'm exactly 10 pounds from goal... or 15 if I decide the lower my goal weight. But 15 is the most that I'd lose at this point.

2 comments:

  1. *w00ts* is right --- wtg!!! I am totally slacking this week -- well in comparison to last week where I kicked mega-ass! I have walked two days since Friday... gimme a swift kick will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! 2.5 lbs is awesome!! Way to go Marie!!

    ReplyDelete