"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
~Albus Dumbledore
~Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie, screenplay by Steven Kloves.
Yes... Yes, I did just quote a fictional character. However, it fits perfectly with where I am at right now. It is the dismal dark called seasonal depression. It has taken a hold and is winning the battle. February is usually the worst for me so I don't imagine it's going to get better. Most likely it'll get worse and all I'll want to do is hibernate. It has sucked out my motivation and determination. I started the year out with a bang! Now, I struggle to get out of bed in the morning. I'm tired of the cold, and the dreary days. I'm tired of the weekly winter precipitation that doesn't accumulate enough so I can get a day off from work. As a result, I'm tired of driving to work in shitty weather just to freeze my ass off in a drafty office.
I've lost my motivation to work out, and forget tracking points. I've barely looked at my tracker since Christmas. And my husband stole my yoga mat! He put it under the rug in our entryway to keep it from slipping. WTF? ... Apparently, I'm also a bit moody. :P
I'm just.... tired..... Kind of like Gandalf in the Fellowship of the Ring. Visibly tired and wearied by life and the world around him. However, he is reborn with a new energy. The days are getting longer and that brief moment of sun (when it's out) on my way home is nice. I am eagerly awaiting March and the coming of Spring. I guess I'll have to trudge through it and wait for my new energy.



Wow... I could have written this post -- I feel exactly the same! Boo hiss @ winter -- enough already! And like you, my motivation is next to nil and I started out kicking ass and taking names on January 1st! Come on March -- help a gal out!
ReplyDeleteHang in there...
♥Cyn♥
Hang in there Marie. I hate winters too, adds to the already existent depression :( Phew,Feb has only 28 days, will pass soon.Hugs X0X0
ReplyDeleteYou know this is a family thing and we all struggle with it. I have been the same way right now. I have zero motivation to do ANYTHING. We'll get through it! We always do! LOVE YOU OPIE!!!! :)
ReplyDelete