Sunday, January 2, 2011

30 days of Blogging- Day 10

Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyper, mad


Well, I don't listen to specific songs. I'm horrible at remembering who sang what and the names of songs. My husband always quizzes me and I rarely get the band right. So, I go by genre... I'm a rock chick most of the time. And my mood basically determines how loud I listen to it. I usually just listen to music when I'm cleaning or when I'm driving... On average, I spend a total of 90 minutes in the car everyday driving to and from work.

When I'm happy or sad, it's your normal 12 out of 29 (that's the numbers on the volume in my car). 

When I'm mad... well that depends on how mad I am. When I'm off the charts mad, I find the angriest rock I can find on my iPhone and turn it up as loud as I can stand.... In the spring, summer, and fall, I'll open the windows because if I'm going to listen to angry rock so should everyone else. :P 

When I'm hyper, I veer into the pop territory because I usually need to dance and well.... dancing to rock just doesn't work. So, if you pull up beside me on a highway don't be surprised if you see me doing a little car dancing. 

When I'm bored, I listen to classical. It gets my mind moving with all the intricacies of each instrument... and I see choreography in my head and that gets me off my butt and doing pique's, pirouettes and barre work...

Then, there are the times where there is no need for music. These are my favorites. Usually, it's a very nice day, and I'm utterly content. I roll down the windows of my car, turn the radio off, and just listen to the sounds around me... I also do this when it's raining minus the rolling the windows down. I love the sound of rain.

I'm little weirder than most. I usually hear music in my head so it's not uncommon to see me bopping away while I'm on the computer or if I'm bored at a lame party... works at funerals too... helps to keep me from being a train wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment