Monday, March 21, 2011

The Difference a Few Pounds Makes

So, I'm a bridesmaid in my sister-in-laws wedding in about a month. I get to wear this dress....

In this color....




It was ordered back in November. When I tried it on for my mom and sister in December, it wasn't looking so good. I'm a little hippy and there's a cumber bun waist on this dress. Well, that cumber bun sits at my natural waist and it drew so much attention to my little stomach pooch. I was not feeling good in that dress. Since then I've lost a few pounds... Only a few. Maybe around 5? Well, I tried it on again this weekend to see what alterations needed to get done. Well, those few pounds made all the difference. Granted I'm still not fond of the fabric. It's a cotton sateen and doesn't have any movement to it. However, it looks so much better than it did and I might just be able to rock it confidently come April 30th.

I was hoping just the straps needed to be shortened and my mom could do it, but it needs to be taken in around the bust... So much for free alterations....  I'm taking the dress to the seamstress next week so I plan on maintaining my weight until after the wedding. Maybe I'll do push ups to tone my arms a little. :P


2 comments:

  1. SUPER DUPER *w00ts* -- one of the best feelings in the world is having something that was once uncomfy to feel fabulous!

    GOOD FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great!!! That dress is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete