Aside from having the Best Monday Ever, I got ballsy and asked to be considered for the paralegal position opening up in my office. One of the paralegals quit, and since I told my husband about it, he keeps asking if I've talked to my boss yet. Today was the first chance I got. So, when I took him his mail, I decided to just ask. This is how it went:
Me: With C leaving, I figured it would be a good opportunity to contribute more here.
Boss: Well, what did you have in mind?
Me: His job. (yes I know... very blunt. :P)
Boss: Hmmmm... that's an interesting idea.
Me: I know I haven't been here long, but I would like to atleast be considered. (Only been here 7 months)
Boss: I'm open to it. It would be a smooth transition. I'm going to make a call to Philly as soon as you leave. I can't remember do you have a paralegal back ground.
Me: I have my bachelor's degree in Paralegal studies.
Boss: A bunch of stuff about needing someone who will just do things and keep deadlines without being asked.
Me: If I know what my responsibilities are, I'll get the work done.
Boss: Ok... Send me your resume in an e-mail with something in it stating that your interested so, I can send it to the Philly office.
I leave, sit at my desk... He's already making the call because he has the phone on speaker when he dials. Then, I spend the next hour in a heart racing anxiety updating my resume and writing one awesome email.... Keep your fingers crossed!
Also, the weather is going to be spectacular for the next few days. Today's high was near 50. Tomorrow's high will be in the mid 50's and Friday it's going up into the 60's! My husband and I took Friday off so we could have a 4 day weekend and enjoy what is going to be one gorgeous day! Looks like the groundhog was right.... Spring has come a little early!!
I feel nothing but good things coming your way! You know what they say -- ask and ye shall receive! I am willing to bet you get that position or it at least leads to something else!!!!
ReplyDeleteenjoy the weather -- I cannot wait for some sunshine and less dirty snow!