Monday, February 14, 2011

Best Monday Ever!

So, this has probably one of the best Mondays in the history of all Mondays... Well... ok... we'll just include my Mondays in that statement.

The weather broke! Well... for now anyway. The high for today is in the 50's! I checked the weather this morning and at 8 am it was 45 degrees out already. I was stoked! I was very excited to get outside. Like a giddy child, I opened my front door and left for work 10 minutes early because I couldn't wait to be outside not bundled up in scarves, gloves, hoods and a heavy coat.

Likewise, I was very eager to take my lunch break. I had a $50 off a $100 purchase for NY&Co. I intended to get that trench I wrote about a couple weeks ago. Well, I walked in there and saw these really pretty graphic t's and 3/4 length sleeved sweaters. Now, when I find something that I like, I get one in black and one in another color for when I'm wearing black pants. So, I got 2 of the t's and 2 of the sweaters, and a blue short sleeved dress. Since I've recently lost quite a few L B's, I'm not as self conscious with wearing snugger fit clothes. So, I opted for a nice figure hugging Small! I really think NY&Co runs big. However, the medium cardigan that my MIL got me for Christmas was quite large on me as well. I've never been a small before.... Anyway... I digress.... Shopping... The lady convinced me to use my NY&Co. card which I never carry with me. So, she gets on the phone and I need to re-activate it. OK... Fine... She really wants me to get the points. :P So, I do and it's an addition 20% off the purchase. HOLLA!! I save more than I spend.

I get back from lunch and I'm doing my thing.... Which isn't much. :P ProFlowers drops off this box.... "Who are they for?" I think... My co-worker got flowers from her boyfriend last week.... and Dave and I never celebrate Valentine's Day. It's basically a pointless holiday to us. We don't need a "special day" to show our love. I wasn't expecting my name to be on the box. It IS my name on that box!! I was giddy with excitement! I'll have to write it down that 2/14/11 was the last time my hubby sent me flowers. It's a beautiful arrangement of pink, red and white roses.

*When I said "later" before... I meant Friday. I swear! :P

This is from Friday morning... Yes... 4 days after I said I'd post a pic.



This is right after I opened them. They looked better on the second day, but I didn't take a picture of them on Tuesday.


All in all... The BEST Monday ever!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...
    For someone who thinks it's a *pointless* holiday you sure sould happy-happy to have some Valentine roses...
    *heh*

    I agree to a point -- like all holidays its over commercialized and people buy into the hype -- but a day to celebrate love is A-OK in my book!

    Sounds like you had the perfect weekend leading into the perfect Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy-happy because there were zero expectations for today. And when I say zero, I mean I didn't even expect a card. :P

    ReplyDelete