Your favorite Superhero and why
I know this is supposed to be a fun blog post, but I'm not a big fan of Marvel comics and superheros. I know that Superman can fly, has x-ray vision, and shoots lasers out of his eyes... right? and Peter Parker got bit by a genetically engineered spider and became Spiderman. Then, there's Ironman with his suit that does alot of cool shit. But none of that really impresses me. I don't have a favorite superhero... Not in the traditional sense. So, I'm going to turn this into a more serious post.
My parents are superheros to me. They raised three awesome children... Really1 We are friggin' awesome!! My dad worked full time to gives us the necessities, and my mom worked full time so we could have all the extras (ie vacations, dance classes, piano lessons, and baseball programs). They built a close knit family, and a happy home. We all supported each other by going to dance recital, band concerts and baseball games. We are very close and value our time together. When we were teenagers, my mom would go up to bed to relax at around 8 pm and all three kids would end up in her bedroom just talking and goofing around. They always made sure we all ate dinner together every night. They taught us the value of family, and to be generous, compassionate individuals. The laundry was always done, the house always clean, and we always had food on the table, and a roof over our heads. To some this might seem like basic necessities, but not everyone gets a stable, safe environment to grow up in. To me, it takes a superhero to run a household, and raise three children to be responsible adults. What people like my parents do is better for society than some vigilante superhero.
Marie... I couldn't agree more. I am so glad to know that there are still families like yours out there and that it isn't completely weird to raise a family that way.
ReplyDeleteWe do have amazing parents. I love this post. It's so perfect! I'm going to e-mail momma this post so she can cry! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL!! She will cry. Wait until I get to the one that says "write a letter to your parents" I'll make them both cry. :P
ReplyDelete