The Grand Canyon
This is the only place that I've been that's worth mentioning. It was the most spectacular thing I've ever seen. We spent a few days in Vegas and on one of the days, we took a bus tour to the Grand Canyon. We stopped at the Hoover Dam, and rode through the desert for hours. When you first get there and approach the railing, it's like you're staring into a painting that is enveloping you. It's a little dizzying at first. As your mind tries to process what it is seeing, you lose your balance and just stare at it in awe unbelieving that what you are seeing is, in fact, real. It is more vast and beautiful than you could ever imagine. No photograph will ever do this place any justice and my description doesn't even begin to describe the feelings you get when you're standing on the edge of the rim looking around at all the wonders it beholds. The tour guide allowed us to walk along the canyon instead of just driving us to the next view point. It was 1.5 hours of pure amazement and delight. I intend on going there again, and next time I will be doing the helicopter tour no matter how scared my husband is of flying.
*Note: I did not take this picture. I have hundreds of them on a computer somewhere, but I don't think we have that computer hooked up at the moment. I'll look around for them and post at a later date.

Going to the Grand Canyon is one of those *bucket list* things for me-- and can you believe that I have been to the West Coast at least five times -- three of them to Vegas and have never made it to the GC!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteAnywho...
LOVE this post and I am SOOOO jealous!!
♥Cyn♥
Seeing the Grand canyon had been dream for many years, until we finally went there, the breathtaking beauty of it is simply awesome!! We had to rush back to Vegas because that is where my husband and his family wanted to be, but the next time I go, I plan to hike it and fly over it :)
ReplyDeleteCyn- Let's get to planning!! :P
ReplyDeleteThe Rookie- The next time I go there I fully intend on staying in Arizona and not doing a Vegas trip.