Monday, December 27, 2010

30 Days of Blogging- Day 4

A habit that you wish you didn't have


I am a serial procrastinator. I even procrastinated writing this blog. :P Ok... maybe not. It's still bad, and worse when I was in school. No project was ever late. It was just feverishly put together at the very last moment. When I was working on my Bachelor's degree, I was taking online courses and assignments were due at midnight on the due date. For almost all of my classes there was a final project, and being a Paralegal Studies major, they all required research and a length of about 12 pages. Leave it to me to start the day it's due and bang one of those out in 4 hours. Once, I even managed to do 2 of those bad boys in one day. It caused alot of stress, but there was this euphoric sense of accomplishment when I was able to finish it on time, and the A's and B's I would get on those projects didn't help to deter me from this habit. In my head, I think of it more as a skill than a habit even though deep down I know it's a habit. However, I have the ability to produce quality work under a great deal of stress. I don't even have control over it. I don't know how I developed it or when I started doing it. My mind just tells me "Oh! That can wait! You should do "this" instead." and I'd move on to something that I'd enjoy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment