Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bathing Suit Shopping

I'm in need of shopping for a new bathing suit. I've been putting it off for weeks. David wants me in a bikini.... Honestly, I don't think my body is bikini worthy. I'm just not comfortable with all my junk hanging out everywhere...

I'd want something like this:
 And he wants this:

Ok.. I will admit I have worn a bikini like that in the past... But my boobs are a whole cup size bigger now...(and I'm 15 pounds heavier) I don't think they make tops like that to cover my girls. :P I won't even get into the fact that the girls don't stand up on their own anymore... They've migrated South and I think they like it there.

What is up with this notion that you have to wear a bikini to look sexy? I'm a boob girl... I like my cleavage to be in the front... not in the back... I need lift and coverage. Why do I need to show off all my goods? I feel so much better on the beach when I'm not trying to cover up my pasty white tummy. I think baby steps are in order... This year it will be a bottom that isn't skirted... Next year maybe a bikini (a normal one... not one with strings all over it).

And swimming... in the ocean... Dave loves to drag me neck deep into the ocean and honestly I'd prefer not to flash small children trying to get out that far.

This bathing suit debate with him is very aggravating! He thinks I look sexy, but I think I look like... well something far from sexy. I need someone honest and unbiased to go bathing suit shopping with me... Any takers?

2 comments:

  1. I say go for the 'kini!
    Meet him half-way -- find a bikini with more coverage and lift.

    Life is too short to NOT wear a 'kini!!!

    If I can get my three-kids later 41 year old ass in one -- so can you! And I KNOWWWWWWWWWWW you look better than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyn, I think you are Dave's new favorite person. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete