Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Who am I?

Well, if you've been reading lately, you'll know that I am on a journey of re-discovery. I seem to have lost a bit of myself in the last few years. However, I do know a few things about myself....

I am all of the following:
  • caring
  • compassionate
  • honest
  • loyal
  • a little odd at times
  • completely random
  • funny (but only by accident)
  • sentimental
  • sensitive (over sensitive sometimes)
  • don't like people to see me cry and everything makes me cry
  • empathetic
  • sometimes confident
  • sometimes arrogant
  • sometimes modest
  • horrible public speaker
  • will dance to anything (dancing is my passion)
  • don't want to always get drunk at parties, but somehow it always happens.
  • am really good with plants when I take the time to care for them
  • don't want kids (not yet anyway... jury's still out on this one)
  • am happy with the life that I have with my husband (being married to Dave is one of the few things that brings me true happiness)
  • affectionate (I'm a crazy lover of hugs)
  • an awesome aunt, daughter and sister
  • think I'm sexy (on the days I don't, I'm just bloated. :P)
  • slightly quirky
  • responsible
  • never quite sure of what I want to be when I grow up (trophy wife isn't panning out yet. :P)
  • don't like to ask for help
  • have to do everything myself because I don't trust anyone to do anything right (ie Dave does not clean the bathrooms)
  • control freak!!
That's an awfully long list for someone who's trying to find herself. Maybe my problem is that I know who I am, but not happy with how I let others influence me (which has been a theme in all these posts recently). Maybe this isn't about re-discovery. Maybe all I really need to do is go back to the root of who I know I am and start acting accordingly.

Day 3 of Chalene's 30 Day Challenge is about goals. I have them written and will post them later.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem, I know who I am (at least mostly) but I don't always like myself. I think, at least for me, it isn't about changing who I am, it's about accepting myself for who I have become. Sometimes that is the hardest thing in the world. I am a work in progress, we all are. Good luck with the 30 day challenge, I can't wait to read about your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- that list sounds a lot like someone I know (psssst -- me!). Especially the bloated control freak part-- HA!

    Awesome post -- I think you struck a chord with the whole knowing you but maybe needing to revamp things a bit -- that sounds like me as well!

    ReplyDelete