Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Priorites

So... Day 2 of Chalene Johnson's 30 Day Challenge is about priorities... Well, I've been working on it for 5 days. :P This has been a hard one for me. Basically, you take your list from Day 1 and star the top 5 on that list.

Then, you write down your top three in no specific order.
  • My relationship with Dave
  • Getting fit and healthy
  • Finding "me"
 Then, you write them in order of importance.
  1. Finding "me"
  2. My relationship with Dave
  3. Getting fit and healthy
The final step is writing a clarity statement for your number one priority. Well, I did this on June 2nd. I made my marriage my number one priority but kind of felt that finding myself should be number one. While shopping on Friday night, I sought the advice of my sometimes wiser sister. She made a valid point that I could never be truly happy in any relationship without knowing who I am.  So, I'm in the process of re-doing the assignment. However, I'm finding it hard to put myself first. It would have been easy to put my marriage first. Finding ways to improve and honor your marriage is a hell of alot easier than trying to find out who you are. I am stepping out of my comfort zone here and really don't know what to do to re-discover myself. Thus, making writing the clarity statement very difficult. It's a work in progress and hopefully I'll have have it finished tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I think your sis is right & feel free to *crash* my backyard ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete