Friday, June 10, 2011

Being Honest with Myself

Ok... So I haven't watched the Day 3 video for the 30 Day Challenge yet. I think I might need to lock myself in my room (Dave likes to tease when I do these things).... However, I don't need an assignment for developing habits to set and achieve goals to find out little things about myself.

Yesterday, I had a mini epiphany about following your intuition.

Recently, I've been thinking about where I want my life to go, and what I want from life. This takes a great deal of honesty. Now, I have no problem being honest with other people... I am a little rough around the edges and can sometimes come off as mean, but that's never my intention... It's something I've always needed to work on, but never really  have. Maybe I should just accept that fact that it's just a part of who I am.

Anyway... no one can ever accuse me of not being honest. However, being honest with myself is a bit harder and part of the reason why I often feel lost. I am definitely in a "I don't know what I want" phase in my life. In some aspects, I know what I want and have no idea how to get it. In other aspects, I have no clue. I'm floundering around looking for something that I can't find. In a way, I kind of know what I need to do, but being honest with yourself about relationships and your life can get a little scary. A part of me wants to just have an attitude that says "This is what I need to do. This is who I want to be. If you don't like it, then you should get to steppin'." Unfortunately, as honest as I am... I'm never quite THAT honest since I don't like to intentionally hurt people's feelings.

Maybe a part of who I am as well is that I am just a little to soft for my own good... I am a total people pleaser. Granted, it's part of the reason why I'm so good at being an assistant. :P It's time for me to get a little selfish and I just can't seem to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment