Saturday, June 25, 2011

In the Mood for Change

I think's it's official! I'm in the midst of a period of change. First, I applied for a new job... Today... Well if you don't already know, Saturday TV sucks and around 11 to 11:30 this morning I got really bored. I didn't feel like reading or writing since I had already done a bit of that already. What's a girl to do? Heh!! It just so happens that my bedroom needed a bit of a face lift. I've been thinking about this for months and finally decided to go for it. I cleaned and re-arranged the furniture in my room. Luckily for you all I took pictures!

Before: (and I took these pics after I cleaned... No use showing you all what a slob I can be. :P)




After:




I know it's not a huge change, but the furniture has been in the same spot since we moved in almost 3 years ago. I felt like we were missing out on some nice cool breezes with our bed being on the same wall as the windows. Now, when I wake up in the morning, I can see the trees out back and the morning sky. Also, now there is nice open space of floor when you want into the room. I'm thinking I'll take advantage of it and do some yoga or meditation there.

The bedroom also got a much needed pass with the vacuum and a bit of dusting. Unfortunately, I kicked up quite a bit of dust and now my allergies are killing me.

As I mentioned earlier, I had been reading and writing before I moved all this furniture by myself. The weather this morning was beautiful. So, I decided to enjoy it and did my reading and writing on my back deck. I seem to be in a picture taking mood today and snapped some shots of the sky. (taken with my 4 year old Canon Powershot :P)





2 comments:

  1. I am loving all these changes -- it's good for the soul to mix it up a bit! Maybe ya needed some new Fung Shui????

    And yay for pics on your blog!!!!

    GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the sky is gorgeous!

    It's great to change up the furniture now and then. This really reminds me that I need to vaccuum and dust my entire place...

    ReplyDelete