Friday, June 24, 2011

Am I Crazy?


I'm thinking that I might be a little nuts. Yesterday afternoon, for shits and giggles, I went to Monster.com to see what paralegal positions there are open in my area.... and OMG! I found one that I might actually qualify for! So... I applied for it.

I guess the crazy part is that I've only been at this job 11 months and it's an alright job. I like the people I work with. My boss, though demanding, is great to work for. However, I'm definitely over qualified for this job. It's just too slow and I can only take so much filing and typing of letters. We also do asbestos litigation... and it's not what you think. We are not representing the diseased and sometimes deceased victim of asbestos exposure. Nope! We defend the companies that potentially poisoned people with asbestos... Not to mention, asbestos litigation in boooooring!! The most boring probably. Most of it is copy and paste.

Thankfully, I don't hate my job. It got be out of a very bad spot a year ago. However, I went from high stress and high volume to no stress and often little work. Of course, it does give me time to blog whenever I feel like it. :P I feel I need somewhere that's faster paced. It would be a promotion. And the best part.... only a 15-20 minute commute! YAY!! It's in the ideal location. I definitely want my next job the be in this relative location. So, on a whim I went for it. Didn't really think about it. Looked up the employment agency doing the recruiting and looked up the law firm with the open position. Then, sent my little resume on its way.

I'm not actively looking for a new job. I'll gladly stay here another year before getting serious about finding a new job. I'm really not even expecting to hear back from the employment agency. However, it doesn't hurt to try!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely, you should try!!

    Always keep your options open. That is my motto among a few more.

    Always try to be in the position of deciding your future. It is way better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not crazy!

    GO FOR IT!!! Oh wait, you did.

    :-)

    I'm going to be going through some crazy work stuff within the next year, and I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it.

    IMHO, life should be an adventure, and we should always be trying to improve ourselves and our situations, no matter how comfortable we are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course! I am glad you applied!

    ReplyDelete