Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Do you know what time it is?

No, it's not Tool Time. :P However, it could be time for a little update.

Lets start with the good stuff. It only took my BIL 2 days to get his clothes off my dining room floor. I hadn't seen him since he threw it there. So, I never asked him to get rid of it. I never pulled out the Bitch. I never left him a note that said "Mother Fucker get rid of this shit!" All I know is that when I came home early Saturday morning (1:30 am), after a night out with the girls, it was gone. I was too tired to be all "YAY!" about it. I was just glad it was gone.

I'm not sure if Dave told him to pick it up. It's possible since Dave had friends over Friday night. I don't care. It got cleaned up. He did put a plastic bag of clothes on the dining room table Sunday afternoon when he came home, and they were gone this morning. I'll take that over clothes on the floor. I think we're making progress. I'm trying to lead by example and hoping that my new found need to keep my home tidy will rub off on the men. Maybe I can get them to clean up the basement. It's not disgusting. Just video games on the floor and various other wires thrown about from trying to fix computer things. The problem is that I'm a klutz that trips over the carpet. So stuff on the floor is a disaster waiting to happen.

More good news!


I GOT THE JOB!!

Woot! I received the call this past Thursday. It took all my willpower not to post about it when I got home from work that night. However, I didn't want to write anything over the internets before I had the written offer and put in my two weeks notice. It's now official.  I was feeling a bit rushed. My boss is away the rest of the week and yesterday was the only day that I could tell him properly face-to-face. I needed the written offer. Like Friday!! I called and emailed the HR rep, I finally received my offer late yesterday afternoon and promptly put in my notice.

My boss is not happy. Well... he's happy that I found a paralegal job (he knows that's what I wanted). He's happy that I found a job close to home. He's just not happy that he needs to find a new legal secretary. My current position was a revolving door before I got hired. From January 2010 until I started in July 2010, they had 4 different legal secretaries in my seat. To help out the next person, I am writing out everything I can think of that the new person will need to know. I was left with nothing from the last people. Obviously because none of them were around long enough to learn enough to pass on and probably because they were fired and didn't have any notice. So, I'm going to do whatever I can to help the transition.

Now some not so good stuff... Ok if this is all I can think of, then my life is pretty good. However, my diet has been crap! CRAP!! I've seem to have lost all sense of what healthy is... or I've gotten lazy. Also.. exercise? The thing I was doing so good at before vacation? What is this thing called exercise? I need to get my ass back in gear before I gain all 20 some odd pounds back.  I even bought a new DVD player! It's still in the box. I need to hook that shit up and get serious!

That's it for now. I know this was long. If you stuck with me, thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm so happy for you about the new job. CONGRATS!!! And you deserve it. :-)

    You have inspired me to do my own house-cleaning project, so thank you for that. Mine is a little slower-going than yours, but it's still pretty hard for me.

    I want so badly to be a tidy adult. My plan is to deep-clean (clear out trash, clear out stuff to donate to Goodwill, clean from top to bottom) one room each weekend, and then get it on a schedule for regular upkeep as well as keep it clean and tidy throughout the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, sounds like your month is getting of to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i KNEW you would get that job -- you were due some good karma!!!

    YAY!!!
    and super duper congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,
    I am just popping over from Alex's blog hop. I have been trying to do a few a day or when I get some free time. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get around to you, it's just that there are so many phew!! So "hello" and great blog. I will pop by as often as I can. Good to "meet" you.
    Eve :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah mama congrats on your new job you kicked ass and you got want you wanted*pat pat*....Time for some drinks!

    ReplyDelete