Friday, November 11, 2011

Pet Peeves.... And some other random stuff

We all have pet peeves. Lets list a few of mine because I'm quirky like that.
  • Girls who have this insatiable need to do things they think are cute or sexy just to be the center of attention. (I may or may not be one of these kinds of girls when I'm drunk... just saying because I honestly don't know. :P)
  • Educated people who act like they are smarter than other people just because they have a college degree. Sorry your 4.0 GPA doesn't automatically mean you are an intelligent person and your argument is valid.
  • The kitchen light being left on. Drives me nuts and neither of the boys ever turn off the kitchen light.
  • Generally we leave the dining room light on when someone is a awake so its not all dark when you come up from the basement. My BIL goes to bed in the wee hours of the morning during the weekend and it drives me nuts when I can see that light on downstairs.
  • I can't stand it when the sheet extends past the top of the comforter when I'm in bed. 
  • Crumpled sheets under the comforter.
  • I can not wear long pants or socks to bed. The only time I wear socks is in the dead of winter and I cannot get warm.
  •  I can't have naked toenails. They have to be painted even if no one but me are going to see them.
  • Trash (like bottle caps and wrappers) being left on the counter instead of thrown in the trash can.
So, that's the short list... LOL!

Now onto some random bits...

I've been playing World of Warcraft lately with my husband... well... with my husband until yesterday when Elder Scrolls V came out. Anyway, David decided he needed a new monitor. We shared one desk for both computers and the three monitors (his being 2 large ones and mine being a small one). It was a tight fit, but it worked. Well, there's no way that three 19" widescreen monitors were going to fit on the desk. (yes I said three monitors and two computers. My husband has dual monitors so he can look things up easily on the internet while he's playing a game) As a result, Dave and I moved my desk down the three flights of stairs from the loft to the basement. Now, I have my own little spot in the basement.


See how nice and clean it is? There's also a spot to the left where a drawer is and some extra desk top space. That spot will be getting decorated with all kinds of pretties. I will be replacing the candle holder to a prettier one. This one actually. It's the Partylite Global Fusion votive holder. I love this collection and wish I had all the pieces.


That's about it for now. Tonight we're taking a trip to Atlantic City to celebrate my BIL's 21st birthday. He doesn't drink so gambling is the only thing that's now legal for him to do now that he's 21. However, I'm sure my SIL and I will drink a few for him. :P

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I cannot cannot cannot love your second bullet point enough. :). She needs to shut up...

    Xo - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh i love your little spot -- i used to have something like that (even had my semi-altar) on it -- but alas the huge desk had to go in lieu of a small dresser so now i have a teeny-weeny spot that barely holds the pc.
    so yeah -- i am jealous!

    and i concur -- bullet point #2 is such a pet peeve of mine. i have intellect friends who are super cool but their friends are just assholes who look down their noses at everyone. book smart does mean your are intelligent & well-versed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Point #3 totally the same
    Point #8 Me to in fact I m headed to the nail salon after this comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you're intelligent enough to know who I'm talking about. I un-friended her on FB. Don't need to see how much she loves her boyfriend everyday anyway. :P

    Cyn, that spot would be perfect for a little semi-altar. I'm going to decorate it according to the season. I'll keep my spiritual practice to the loft. It's nice and quiet up there.

    Mommy Bags, enjoy your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally just have to comment that my cousin's uncle (other side) is the epitome of point #2. He even uses big words when he knows you won't understand them just to make himself feel smarter. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete