Saturday, March 2, 2013

Back to Blogging?

Well, it's been well over a year since I've posted anything. I'm pretty sure I've lost alot of my readers, but might as well give this another shot.

A few things have changed in the last year. That "great" job I got in November 2011 wasn't so great. Actually it sucked. As in it sucked the life out of me. I've never been so disrespected in my entire life. I won't get into specifics because I'm just putting it all behind me. After months of nagging, I was finally able to convince my husband to let me quit without having another job lined up (thanks in part to something an asshole attorney said to me). I gave them my notice 2 weeks before my one year anniversary. I am currently a housewife with no focus as to what my next move is going to be. However.... a name change of the blog might be in order as I doubt that I will ever be a paralegal again. (Post some recommendations in the comments if you'd like. I'm crap at naming things. : D )

As a result of said crappy job, I've gained about 10 pounds which isn't so bad... Except it takes me a long time to lose 10 pounds. Also, as a result of being home all day, I've lost any self control I had in regards to eating.

So onto the reason for my return to blogging. I'm about to embark on quite an adventure and thought it would be fun to document my experience. On the recommendation of a friend I read, It Starts With Food. He is currently doing the Whole30 program detailed in the book and said that after one week, he was already feeling the health benefits. It's basically a 30 day nutritional reset based on the Paleo diet. You can find the program for free here if you're not interested in reading all the sciency stuff behind why they believe eating this way is beneficial. A summary: no sugar, no grains, no legumes, no dairy, no alcohol and no white potatoes for 30 days. You consume lean meats, veggies, healthy fats and some fruit. After 30 days, there is a reintroduction period. You reintroduce one type of food at a time. In the following days, you record it effects on you and then decide how much you incorporate it into your diet.

This is more than just losing weight for me. For years I've known that my diet is too heavy on the carbohydrates and too light on protein and vegetables. Almost everything I eat is a grain or has refined sugar in it. My cravings are out of control! Think Swiss Cake Rolls + 3 days= hide said empty box under other boxes in the recycle bin because my husband didn't even know I had bought them.... Time to hit the "reset" button. If the program does half of what it claims, it's worth giving it a try.

So to my remaining readers (if there are any), HELLO!! I look forward to catching up with your blogs.





1 comment:

  1. I'm still here and so glad to see you back! YAY!!!

    That sounds like a healthy program. I wouldn't want to do it, because my diet is so reliant on grains, but I can see how it could be beneficial to others, so I wish you luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete