Thursday, October 6, 2011

Got Challenge?

Another plug for my girl, Cyn at Misadventures of a Chunky Goddess. She has so graciously bestowed upon me a challenge. And hopefully I'll be able to find 7 lucky followers to pass it on to. That's like 1/2 of my new followers in the last two weeks! :P

This challenge will have me digging around in my archives to find the answers to these questions. Cyn, got off easy since it was her brand new blog that got the challenge. This is going to take some thinking. I hope all my lovely followers enjoy the little snippets of bloggy past that you might have missed.

1. my most beautiful post- This is kind of a no-brainer for me. It was the first post I thought of when I saw this question. It's the Remembrance post for my cousin from a couple weeks ago. It's a little bloggy reminder to stop mourning the loss of a loved one and to simply remember the beautiful person they were or are....

2. my most popular post- Maybe...the Bad Advice one? I have quite a few followers that are in weight loss mode and I de-bunked the silly "You're probably gaining muscle" advice given to people who say they've gained X number of pounds in a week with well researched facts. One of the few posts where I seem somewhat intelligent.

3. my most controversial post- I don't think I write too much on controversial topics. The most controversial I've gotten is when I've discussed my Spirituality. We all know you don't talk about religion or politics. :P

4. my most helpful post- I'm thinking it may be the one about Understanding Our Justice System (In the US anyway). It's a little long... maybe a little boring if you don't care about how our court system works (or doesn't work if you're of that opinion). It was motivated by all the Casey Anthony verdict bullshit on Facebook from people who don't understand what is needed for a conviction... Also one of the few posts where I come off as an intelligent person.

5. a post whose success surprised me- My little Happy Friday post from last week seemed quite popular. It's probably because of the cute kitty picture I posted. LOL!

6. a post i feel didn’t got the attention it deserved- Ah.... the La Mia Famiglia series about the amazing women in my family didn't seem to strike a cord with anyone... and it was subsequently abandoned about 1/2 way through... Didn't get to post about my crazy aunts... I might revisit this in the future.

7. the post that i am most proud of- Most definitely the Great Day post. The main reason is because I posted a picture of myself in a bikini which is a huge step for some one with a piss poor body image.

Now for the 7 followers I'm passing this on to: Mostly just a plug for my favorites not already pinged by someone else. I honestly don't expect any of them to do this. They are all worth a read though.

1. Super-Shell Flies Again- Gotta plug my little sister! Great blog about simple day-to-day stuff and struggles.
2. The Adventures of Cheapsoda and Dooty Booty - this is a new one I just found maybe last week through Cyn. Such a cute little blog about basic life single mom stuff. I'm really enjoying this one. For some reason I love reading about other people's families and all the cool stuff they do with their kids that I "the childless one" don't get to do without people looking at me funny.
3. The Day After Yesterday- Anne is a new follower. I think she's my first follower outside of the states. YAY!! Basic well rounded blog on everything... Particularly liked trying to figure out the gadget she posted last Friday (?)  She's in the UK . I love looking at all the pictures she posts because I haven't been there yet.
4. Jessyca's Page- Jessyca, couping extraordinaire! I'm amazed at the savings she posts.

And the other followers I would challenge have already been pinged by Cyn. So that's it for now.

Yes... I know... No post on Rome yet. David got our friend's pics on a disc and hasn't brought it home yet. Gotta get on him on that one. I think I'm going to do 2 posts on Rome. We had two full days there which included the Vatican, seeing the Pope, the Spanish Steps, the Capuchin Monks, the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and the Colloseum... Kind of alot to jam into one post. Maybe you'll get one tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. yayyyyyy! thanks for being a good sport! awesome post :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! thank you for stopping by my blog i look forward on being friends and swapping out the randomness in between! <3 I am also a new follower and I do believe we may get a long really well! Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats an awesome post...Gotta love Ms. Cynn :0) Thank you for stopping by my blog an checking it out. I am now a follower......

    ReplyDelete