This is probably one of the reasons that I'm not as active on the WW site as I once was. This post stems from a blog entry that really got my panties in a twist. She didn't name the person she was talking about but I'm pretty sure I know who it was. She didn't even get all the facts right in her post. She's a little pushy when it comes to "living the plan." She twisted it to make people think this person was continuing on the plan that caused weight gain when in fact she's just not using WW anymore.
Don't get me wrong. Most of the people there are great, but some of them seem to have ingested a bit too much of the WW Kool-aid. This one in particular. Grrr!! She makes me mad!
They act like WW is the best and only way to lose weight and they run around the blogs with their "The plan works if you work the plan" mantra vomit. Does WW work? Absolutely! Does is work for everyone? Maybe not. Is it the only way? Hell friggin' no! Don't get up on your high horse and put down someone for trying something other than WW and then get your facts wrong. There are a ton of free, and great tracking sites. I've used fitday.com in the past and more recently, I've used myfitnesspal.com. Sometimes I feel like shaking these people and saying "Fuck WW! Why should I pay them to use their proprietary tracking tool when I can get a comparable tool for free?" When I use myfitnesspal.com, I don't have to carry a points calculator to the grocery store to see if an item is worth buying. I can look at the calories and say "Hmmm... I really don't want to use that many calories for a snack." Done and done! Honestly, counting calories is more convenient than tracking Points.
Ok... I'm getting a little bitchy here. My point is... Find what works for you. If it's WW, great! If it's another tool, fantastic! If you can simply eat healthy and don't need a tool, lucky you! But don't sit there and try to say that this way is the only way that works.
Hmmm... That last bit sounds alot like my Religious Tolerance rant from a few months back. Maybe what really gets my panties in a bunch or twist since there's not much to bunch ; ) is people trying to push their views and beliefs onto other people.
Please tell me that this person wasn't talking about me???? I'm super-paranoid I guess.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you (obviously). If WW taught me anything, it's that "all or nothing" is wrong, and that includes black-and-white thinking about how one should lose or maintain weight.
I may go back to WW some day, or I may not. But much like with my vegan eating, I don't preach about it as being "the best and only way, and what everyone should be doing" because that's a bunch of balogna. What works for me may not work for you.
Great post!
Yeah sadly anything *organized* tends to draw the righteous assholes -- but I am with ya -- they piss me off.
ReplyDeleteThere was one chick at my WW meeting that everytime she walked through the door I wanted to leave because sure as shit she had a story about EVERYTHING and treated the group meeting like her private platform where she knew everything that remotely pertained to WW and weight loss -- nevermind she was NO WHERE near goal weight.
I use to kid that I was gonna *jump* her in the parking lot -- LOL!
Your post was sooo not bitchy:) it all comes down to this one easy. simple idea...mind your own business! Goddess, I can only imagine what the world would be like if people could just do that one little thing! But alas...someone's way is always, better, faster, more..screw em. lol
ReplyDeletexoxox