Friday, July 1, 2011

Interview!!

Fa-Fa- Fellas! La-La-Ladies!! :P Ok.. I don't think I have any male readers... So, Ladies! The interview this morning went really well. It looks like it would be a lateral move for me. Probably no increase in pay, but the office is 15 minutes from my house. So, I will be saving in gas money. This place sounds like a really nice place to work. It's not an exciting area of the legal field, however it seems this firm really appreciates the hard work of the staff.

They have monthly luncheons, and when the firm reaches it's goals they give their employees more casual days. Every Friday is casual day... Jeans and t-shirt kind of stuff. Pretty cool! They also have the no longer customary holiday party and company picnic. When alot of places are downsizing, this place is managing to grow. I learned that the president of the firm started off as a mail clerk while he did his paralegal degree. Then, he worked as a paralegal. He went to law school and is now an attorney and the president. The best bosses are the ones that have done the jobs of the people they are managing.

I really liked the paralegal manager. She was happy and bubbly. She simply seemed like a very kind person. I've never felt so good coming out of an interview. It was a little weird because I wasn't even nervous. Not sure if my confidence is a good thing or a bad thing... Maybe they hated me! OMG! Well, I just have to wait it out now. They are interviewing more people on Wednesday. So, I probably won't hear anything until late next week or early the week after.

I will definitely keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. I got SUPER DUPER good vibes about this -- I have a feeling that things are a-changin' for ya in a good way!

    *big smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *fingers crossed* I really hope you get the job!!!!

    ReplyDelete