Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Missed WI... and Weight loss update

** I posted this on my WW blog earlier today. However, I thought some of you might be interested in what's going on with my weight loss since I haven't updated that here in a while.

For the first time since starting WW/ healthy eating in August, I missed my WI! WTH?! I don't know what happened Friday morning. My usual WI day routine is get up, brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup and WI before I get dressed for work. No biggie really... Until I didn't WI on Saturday morning either.... Hmmm...

I'm back into the 140's since my SIL's wedding. I was down 1 pound of the 1.5 pounds I gained that wedding weekend. I just need to get this ball rolling again. I've been maintaining pretty well for the last few months, but I'm still 10 pounds from goal.
That being said. I did get my lazy butt out of bed early on Sunday morning and worked out. YAY!! Alright... it wouldn't be considered early for alot of you... I woke up a little after 8 am. Usually, I'd get up, go to the bathroom, and go back to bed. Then, I'd probably sleep for another hour or so. However, Sunday morning was different. I fought with myself for about 30 minutes. You know the whole "I should work out, but I really just want to stay in bed" fight. Then, it came to the point where I wasn't going to go back to sleep after being awake for so long. So... I popped in one of the Turbo Fire workouts and did some kickboxing on crack. :P

It felt awesome! Then, after I was thinking "I need to remember how this feels!" That feeling should be able to fight off the excuses not to exercise. I'm pretty rigid when it comes to these programs. I hate missing workouts and adhering to the calendar. Then, when I do miss workouts, I get discouraged when I see I'm not keeping up with the calendar. I need to have the same laid back approach to exercise as I do with my diet. If I wasn't so hard on myself when I don't workout when I'm "supposed" to, I'd be alot more successful.

Today's workout will be a long stretch and tomorrow is strength training. All I need is a snack for the commute home from work so being hungry isn't an excuse to not workout.

1 comment:

  1. Yes- beating yourself up for missing one workout is not productive! You are rocking this weight loss thing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete