Monday, May 9, 2011

Matron of Honor Toast

This post is mostly for my sister. She knew I was stressing over this and I thought I'd let her see the toast I gave. Two weeks before my Sister-in-law's wedding I was asked to give a toast. Of course, I waited until the day before to write it and I was stressing over what to write days before that. It took me hours to come up with this little toast, and I was never fully happy with it. However, I think it turned out to be a very nice toast. I did have people crying... including myself.

Matron of Honor Toast

I met Lisa 11 years ago, shortly after I started dating her brother David. ( Insert nervous giggle here)
We quickly became friends and it wasn't long before she became like a little sister to me. (Got choked up here)
Her quiet demeanor and genuinely sweet nature makes it hard not to love her.

So, it didn't surprise me when her good friend, Joe, adored her.
After months of pursuit, he finally won her heart.
This relationship has grown from a story of unrequited love into a beautiful romance. (Got choked up here)
In each other, they have found the perfect mate.

To Joe and Lisa: My your love sustain you through times of struggle and enrich the good times you will have.

Congratulations!

2 comments:

  1. WOOT WOOT! Very nice! You're so good at that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But I have to say, I'm quite relieved that I probably will never have to do that again.:P

    ReplyDelete