Sorry all! I came back from sunny California and mentally crashed. As always, my reason for not blogging is mental.... emotional... whatever... Just trying to figure things out. Turns out housewifing just isn't for me. It's nice in theory, but I like to make money. It makes me feel more equal in my relationship. I know we don't need my income, but I like to feel that I'm making a financial contribution to the household. I worry about finances even though my husband assures me that we're good. I stress over every penny I spend even when it's groceries. That being said. I'm going to go back to work soon and considering a couple of options. Mostly I'm feeling like I want to become a real estate agent. More on why that is in another post.
So a little more of an update...
I loved San Francisco! and I mean I loved everything! The sun. The weather. The views. The only thing I didn't love was that some asshole stole our credit card info and tried to charge $1,200 at Bloomingdale's. It happened a few days after we got back and according to Capital One, it was an online transaction originating in California. So, a big thank you to them for flagging the account after the first $200 charge and denial of the other attempted charges. I guess it's lucky that I don't shop at Bloomingdale's or they wouldn't have caught it. Keeping it cheap pays off! :P
My vacation pictures are still on my camera and once I get them onto my computer, I'll blog all about it. It was alot of fun, but I think we picked the hottest day of the week to spend in Napa. It was 100ish degrees and sunny! We came from a very rainy Pennsylvania. It seems like it's been raining all summer. (Raining right now actually.) So, it was nice being in the sun and the city itself had perfect weather. It's a very easy place to miss when you come home to a heat wave. Makes me want to move...
Sorry for the general suckiness of this post, but my mind is all over the place right now. So, I'll stop here. Just wanted to give you a little update. I've got some ideas for the next few posts. So keep an eye out for that.
Glad you had a wonderful vacay!
ReplyDeleteIsn't San Francisco the bomb diggity. I grew up in SF and still here. I go to Napa almost every chance I get and we have pretty much awesome weather through the year except for the lovely July fog from hell. That is why are damn house market is so crazy.....Glad you enjoyed your time here except for the douchebag that stole your credit card....expensive taste huh......
ReplyDeleteBTW I am a hwife and mom and let me tell you girl I feel the same way you do. After we find our new home and move it is time for me to go back to some type of work.