Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Oh The Things I Do.... At 5 am....

Apparently, blogging is one of them. It's just about sunrise. I love the early morning quiet. It's a shame that I don't like waking up early to enjoy it. Lately, I've been losing sleep over a few things. Therefore,  I've been seeing alot more of the wee hours than I'd like.

If you read yesterday's post, you'll know that my eating has spiraled out of control. What I didn't say is that I've gained something like 6 pounds since I stopped working.  Well... it wasn't like 6 pounds.... It is exactly 6 pounds... and 15 since my sister in law's wedding 2 years and 2 months ago (almost to the day). I am now 8 pounds from my highest weight ever! Back to where I was when I started Weight Watchers 2 years ago.... That leads me to one of the things that keeps me awake at 5 am. One of the only things I currently don't have under control. My eating and my weight. They go hand in hand so I consider them one thing. Anyway, something needs to change. Tired of laying in bed thinking, I get up determined to make changes. Which leads me to.... Going back to WW... atleast for the 3 months that I subscribed for. It's a necessity.

I know I said I'm doing Intuitive Eating... but when it comes to food, my intuition is all out of whack. I honestly feel like I've forgotten how to eat right. I can't remember what a healthy lunch or snack looks like. I eat maybe one serving of fruit or veg a day which is sooooo not good. Everything in moderation has turned into everything whenever I want it. The most important thing WW ever did for me was teach me how to have a healthier diet. And just like how my grammar gets worse the longer I'm out of school, my eating gets worse the longer I'm not focused on eating right.

I'm formulating a plan... as always. I don't think I ever do anything without a plan. Here's how I see it. WW forces me to make healthy choices and still allows me to eat what I want (to a degree). Incorporate some of what I learned from IE and it could work. WW changed things up a bit since I last did it. They have routines now that you add and track. So, I picked the ones that are more along the lines of Intuitive Eating. Like non distracted eating, taking a sip a water between bites so you'll eat slower, and eat a fruit or veg at every meal and snack, which is along the lines of gentle nutrition.

How this time is different from the others.

1. No frozen dinners. Last time it was my saving grace. Everyday I'd come home from work and pick the Lean Cuisine that would keep me within my points target, and microwave away. Since I stopped working, I've had maybe one or two Lean Cuisines. Honestly, they're nasty. Now that I cook and eat real meat, I can't stomach that processed stuff anymore. Without all the sodium, I won't hold onto all that water weight.

2. No diet drinks. No diet soda or diet hot chocolate...or anything other beverage with the word diet in it. Mostly water and tea.... and the occasional alcoholic beverage. I really only drink alcohol at parties or after a hellish day of work, but since I don't work, it'll mostly be parties.

3. No artificial sweeteners. No Splenda, truvia, sweet n low. It's disgusting and gives me headaches. I used to use it in my coffee, but honestly.... sugar is worth the points since I only add it to coffee.

Don't get confused. These aren't diet rules. They are things that I've decided not to do because it's overly processed crap and it doesn't even taste good. Real food is what I'm after... mostly... I do still eat refined white sugar. That's the hardest thing to cut out along with high fructose corn syrup because I'm a fan of cereal for breakfast and I like a little sugar in my morning coffee.

Lately, I've been focused on what workout I want to do, but that won't matter if I'm not eating right. Diet first.... Exercise later.... this morning.... possibly yoga b/c it's summer and the socks I haven't been wearing are all dirty. :P

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I also put all the weight back on I had lost through WW and had to get to a point where I just said, enough is enough. I'm following WW right now and I like it, as I can still eat the things I want, but in moderation. It sounds so stupidly simple, but that's how you lose the weight.

    I haven't incorporated working out much yet into my routine. I'm trying to get my eating under control and then I'll focus on working out.

    BATTLE ON! You got this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon! I find eating better is easier to do than incorporating working out into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "when it comes to food, my intuition is all out of whack."

    ME, TOO! I'm working at it, though. I commented on your last post, too. :-)

    Good luck going back to WW. I get tempted every once in awhile to go back, because I know that as long as I work the plan, it works. But I'm not willing to work any plan forever, so I'm going to try this IE thing again. It's really hard to be one of those "everything in moderation" folks, whether or not I'm tracking.

    ReplyDelete