Monday, June 17, 2013

I've been MIA....

Shannon at Tatlock's Truth made a good point when she said "it seems as though silence on a blog, means there has been a falling off of the plan." Kind of true here... Though I stated a plan, I never really got started on it. After my last post, I went to visit family for the weekend, then was sick for an entire week, and finally went to visit family again while my husband was out of town for a conference. 

Honestly, I'm a pretty scatter shot person. Always jumping from one thing to the next. I go through phases. Sometimes I'm extroverted and putting myself out there and sometimes I'm a little more introverted  Currently, I'm doing a little more inner reflection. If you've been reading me a while you'll know that I don't share all the nitty gritty details of my life here. Some things are meant to be kept to yourself or only shared with close friends and relatives. 

Recently, I've started refocusing on my spirituality. It seems when I focus on that, everything else just seems to fall into place and I have more clarity on what I want out of life. If you want to know more about my spirituality, just check out the label on the right. I'm pretty much in the same place as I was then since I haven't really been making the time for it. Ultimately, it mostly involves meditating, journaling and connecting with the elements since I'm on a nature-based path. As a result, I've been doing more writing on paper than on the internet. 

If I recall properly, I promised an Intuitive Eating (IE) update in my last post. So.... here it goes.... IE spiraled out of control and I started eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. It was like everything I learned gradually reverted back to my old habits. The other day I actually said to myself "if I only ate when I was hungry, I would never get to have any of the good stuff." That really made me think about what the heck I've been doing. I want the good stuff, which is mostly chocolate. However, it isn't something you should have after every meal. Yes, that is where I went. 

Chocolate in the morning
Chocolate in the evening
Chocolate at suppertime (ok not really supper time)

I exaggerate a little. It was chocolate after lunch and dinner. No or... it was both almost everyday. It might be time to lock up the junk. Unlike other husbands, mine doesn't think that he shouldn't be allowed to have chips and cookies in the house when I'm trying to eat healthy. He's in the "always been skinny. always eats what he wants. never gains a pound" club, and with that comes a lack of understanding. He found the lock from high school and remembers the combination. He did agree to lock the junk up so I can't get to it. Sometimes you need to go to crazy extremes to break bad habits and my eating habits are bad habits. Once I feel like I've gotten everything under control again, we'll gradually put the stuff back in the pantry a little at a time. I'll let you know if we actually go through with that little plan. Though I am slowly getting back to eating when I'm hungry and keeping myself busy when I'm not so I don't revert to boredom eating. So, we might not need it if I can be a big girl and control myself a little. 

Not sure when I'll post again. Honestly, the ideas haven't been flowing lately so I'm at a loss as what to write about. Oh! Maybe I'll post about my very big loft clearing project, and by clearing, I mean throw all of the stuff in that room out. I already have a battle wound. :P



3 comments:

  1. Must be something going around becasue I am on the same boat......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to get rid of everything in my house that was a temptation. My husband is also someone who can eat whatever and never gain a pound, but he's been very supportive of me and is eating what I eat. Definitely makes things easier!

    PS, I'll be here waiting when you come back! :) Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this! For me, when I'm working on IE, I realize that the only time that I want to eat chips and cake and other junk foods is when I'm not focused on hunger signals. Those "foods" are not filling, so it's easy to eat a lot of it before feeling satisfied.

    So I hear ya about how IE can spiral out of control. I'm working on portion control with my junk food. One of those common sense things that I just never practiced. Pour chips into bowl instead of eating out of bag, count out one serving of chocolates and only bring that serving with me, etc.

    But it is tough to be one of those "everything in moderation" folks, with or without some sort of calorie tracking.

    ReplyDelete