Yes... I yelled at myself today. I'm learning to love my body the way it is and have switched my focus to my face. I have been struggling with redness and dryness for a while. For the last month or so, I've been obsessed with finding a foundation and concealer combo that'll hide that little imperfection. All I got for my efforts was something that was worse than what I had started with. So, I'm going stop trying so dang hard and embrace that fact that I don't need to wear blush. I'm going to stick with a little foundation and powder and call it a day. Besides... It doesn't look as bad as I think. I've seemed to have lost touch with the concept of "enhance not hide."
Why am I obsessed with making my skin look perfect? Well... I don't know the answer to that. Probably something to do with the perception of beauty and the crap I see portrayed by the media. However, loving oneself means loving all of yourself and accepting your flaws.
STOP TRYING TO BE PERFECT!! It's a phrase I'm sure all of us need to hear and could be applied to any number of areas in our lives. Striving for perfection leads to stress and then the feeling of failure when the desired result isn't achieved. I used to strive for the perfect diet and the perfect workout to achieve the perfect body. Guess what... All that striving for perfection didn't give me what I was taught was perfect. You know what is perfect? Me.... Just the way I am. or You. Just the way you are. All I can do is what's best for my mind, body and soul. I will always strive to better myself. There's nothing wrong with that, but there is something wrong with trying to squeeze myself into society's notion of who and what I should be. So... No more! Screw society and their stupid molds! Be unique. Be you. It's what makes the world an interesting place.
I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Lots of love! MUAH!!
It is hard to do as women...beautiful pic.
ReplyDeleteBTW I suffer from redness something that happened to my skin once my little one was born. I swear by this product. Hourglass primer and tinted moisturizer a little goes a long way and it is the best stuff I have ever used. You can find it at Sephora
Wonderful post, very well stated.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for saying that I'm perfect. ;-)
P.S. You are so gorgeous!!! You need to post self photos more often.