Saturday, January 14, 2012

Still a Little Down

I'm still feeling a little down, but I'm working on it. I am making an effort to notice that the mornings are slowly getting brighter and that the sun is still out when I leave work. In the last few months, I've noticed that my mood is highly influenced by the weather. It's not too bad most of the time, but the dark cold of winter makes me want to hibernate (which I feel is very natural).

I've figured out my goals for 2012. Most of the changes I'll be making will only be noticed by me. There are the normal health and fitness goals and working on my relationship with Dave. However, 2012 be a year of inner reflection for me. My plan is to meditate and journal more frequently so I can find my true self and maybe have some revelations about my spirituality.

Speaking of spirituality... In the last year and a half or so, I have completely stripped away what I've been taught about spirituality and religion. I am now down to the bare bones. Recently, I discovered the my beliefs mostly align with pantheism (well... at the moment they do). Since most people don't know what pantheism is, here is a very basic description. Most of it I agree with and the rest I haven't figured out yet (like the parts about death and the afterlife).


"The basic concepts comprise:
  • Reverence for Nature and the wider Universe.
  • Active respect and care for the rights of all humans and other living beings.
  • Celebration or our lives in our bodies on this beautiful earth as a joy and a privilege.
  • Strong naturalism, without belief in supernatural realms, afterlives, beings or forces.
  • Respect for reason, evidence and the scientific method as our best ways of understanding nature and the Universe.
  • Promotion of religious tolerance, freedom of religion and complete separation of state and religion."
http://www.pantheism.net/manifest.htm (there is also a more detailed statement of principles if you want to know more)

Since work is crazy busy and leaves me drained at the end of the day, most of my blogging will now take place on the weekends. I'm hoping to post atleast every Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. first of all --- i loveeeeeeeeeee the new look of your blog!

    i am with ya & having my mood be completely parallel to the weather. today it is 20 degrees & gloomy & that is exactly how i feel!

    congrats on finding at least a starting point for your path. i think a lot of us on similiar journeys feel like a little combination of this & that. i really gravitate to the nature side of paganism but also feel this connection to voodooism as well? i think i will never really find a destinaion & classify myself. i think it's too close to organized religion for my taste... lol!

    so happy to see ya bloggin' again!
    xxoo
    cyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love what you did with the blog looks faby. I am so glad you are back been missing your post. Hope you get out of your funk mama. Sending you some sun rays from California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies!

    Cyn, I totally get you. Organized religion is soooo not for me. :P

    ReplyDelete