Monday, August 29, 2011

Come on Irene!

Irene... that trashy whore nailing everyone on the east coast.... So, a recap of Saturday night and Sunday. Wind... Rain... concern about basement flooding and the sump pump working... anxiety about the power going out while it was raining.. anxiety about it raining while the power was out... Sink hole! Big fat fucking sink hole that went almost all the way across the street. I didn't get close enough to get a good picture, but I did get a couple.

Digging out the asphault inside the sink hole

The sink hole after they back filled it with dirt. All that dirt you see is the top of the hole.

Yesterday was very windy. This is the best picture I could get of the trees bending in the wind.

The first hint of sun! I was so excited.
After this picture was taken, the sun quickly retreated behind the clouds. I read for a little bit, and then took a half hour nap. When I woke up the sun was out and there was barely a cloud in the sky.

Last night, I read by candle light. It was really nice! Then at around 9 pm, I finally decided it was time to get some real sleep. About 2 hours later, there were men walking around behind my house, talking and making alot of noise. It sounded like they were trying to start a generator. So, thinking they were making noise to distract me and break in, I turned on my flashlight and went downstairs. Everything was intact, but it put me on  edge. I don't like the dark when there's no way to create light to help me assess a situation. They left and I was anxious for a bit. Finally, after they left, I decided to try and get back to sleep. A few minutes later, the power was back on! YAY!! I was so happy! Finally, I was able to rest and got a good nights sleep. 

I'm off to Europe later this afternoon! I can't wait to get there and see my husband! Him and one of our friends flew out Saturday night. I miss him and can't wait to get vacation started!

No comments:

Post a Comment