So, I've been lacking inspiration on what to write about on here. Nothing exciting has been happening lately. Well, I asked the powers that be to give me something! I got it... unfortunately it's not what I was hoping to write about... I was looking more for a deep revelation or something great... So, here it is...
On Monday, one of the paralegals at my law firm was fired. Well, seeing as I was told a few months ago.. around the time that I wrote THIS POST, that changes might be coming.. (interpret that as this paralegal being let go) and to give him time and I'd be considered for that job... Well... here it is! The new paralegal starts Monday... WHAT THE FUCK!! Seriously! Do they think I'm going to sit here and wait for a year... or two... for one of these 2 new paralegals to move on or get fired? What an bunch of asses! They seem to lack the understanding that I'm over qualified to answer their stupid phones and copy & paste legal documents. I have a fucking bachelor's degree for fuck sake! I am livid! (lol! If you couldn't already tell) So... now I'm going to say "screw em!" They've passed me over twice now. It's time to get serious about finding a new job. I will have to wait until after my vacation since I won't we reachable for two weeks. But man... come September 12... It's on!!
I'm still being considered for a position at the place that I interviewed at last month. I didn't get the job I interviewed for, but they were anticipating another open position that they were going to consider me for. I'm just keeping in touch with the HR rep., and waiting. I give her the update on my current situation here. I am done with this place. It's time to move on!
*Note- I remembered to pack my camera. So, I'm hoping to get some shots of bay this weekend.
I'm so sorry that happened to you! Stupid employers. I have a job simular to what you do but... I have no degree. I'm going to school now so that some day I won't have to answer the phones. So I understand you being mad about having to do basically my job with a degree! That would suck.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you get a vacation soon, and I am sure that you will find a good job soon! Hang in there.
Boy oh boy -- while we work in complete different fields -- I SO feel your pain. It utterly sucks to not feel appreciated and to be treated less than you deserve. I know that feeling all too well. And ya know what -- fuck
ReplyDeleteem -- their loss and a new employers gain!
Sometimes we need a kick in the pants to put us on the path we are meant to be on -- that is how I am looking at my situation. I needed to be headbutted to realize that where I am is NOT the place for me. Prolly the case for you too!
We deserve better!!!