Friday, April 8, 2011

Breathing a Sigh of Relief

Well Friday mornings are WI... Last week, I almost cried from a gain of 2 pounds. I was back in the 140's and to me that's not good. I took me over a month to get down into the 130's and I didn't like seeing that 14_ on the scale. Granted the gain was deserved. Over the course of the week, I ate a whole bag of BBQ potato chips, a package of chocolate chip cookies and atleast 2 Ghiardelli Twilight Delight candy bars.... Can you say McBingey?

Of course, people will ask why I have chips and cookies in my house if they're such a trigger for me. The answer is simple. My husband doesn't need to lose weight. Actually, he could stand to gain a few pounds. That stuff is in the house for him. He rarely will eat a whole bag of chips in a week. Often they stay in the pantry for a week or two before he touches it. He likes to eat it on occasion and why should he suffer because I haven't learned to control myself? Anyway... I'm getting off topic here.....

My lovely visitor decided to show up 2 days early... and the day after WI. WTH? So that contributed to the gain as well. However, seeing that 14_ kind of spooked me into action. I did my normal crap eating on the weekend. Hey, I have to feel human sometimes.

What really did it for me was grocery shopping. I bought fixin's so I can make my own sandwiches to bring to work for lunch instead of going to Subway. That did two things for me. One, I wasn't picking up a bag of Light Lays, and two, I wasn't drinking a diet soda at lunch. I have substituted 3 oz of baby carrots for the chips and just stick to water. My office pays for us to have a water cooler and I take full advantage of it. Not to mention, bringing my own lunch to work will save money... Or not since during my lunch hour, I will now roam around the mall or one of the two bookstores.... :P

I also bought some WW ice cream bars. That's saving me quite a few calories by keeping me away from the cookies. Now, since the PMS monster is gone, I'm not craving the chips like I was last week.

I've also started tracking on myfitnesspal.com again. Being forced to look at what I'm eating is really helping me to eat better foods. I don't know why all of a sudden I started tracking again. Something just clicked in my head this week that told me "you should be doing this."

So, this morning, feeling very hopeful, I stepped onto the scale... and it showed that I was down 2.5 pounds? Really? So, I stepped on the scale again just to double check and make sure I was seeing that right... and.... YAY!! I lost those 2 pounds and an additional 1/2 pound. Whew!! I have to admit I was concerned that last week might repeat itself and that my weight would be back on a upward trend. Apparently, that's not where it's heading at the moment so I just need to stay on task and continue to do what I know works for me.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on the loss, and great job with the healthy groceries.

    I have issues with DBF's groceries sometimes, but he solved my chips problem by only getting the cheesey kinds that I won't eat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.5 lbs, yippee!!I love the cat on the scale pic :):)

    ReplyDelete