I'm mostly talking body image here. If you know me, you'll know that my body image is pretty poor. Like in the shitter... or was in the shitter. Gradually, I'm learning the accept my body as it is now. It's not going anywhere any time soon so I might as well embrace it. It's a work in progress. There are still days where I just feel fat, but it's about pushing that to the side and focusing on the good parts.
Everywhere you look you'll see things like "hitting the gym to get ready for summer" or just the question "what are you doing to get ready for summer?" Well... I'm not doing anything to get ready for summer. There are no crash diets in my future or insane workouts so I can look good in a bikini in a little over a month. I'm going to buy a bathing suit I like and that I look good in and rock my curves! Any dietary changes or changes in my fitness regimen are going to be for my overall health.
I'm going to focus on what I love about my body and ignore all the negative thoughts I have about various body parts. In the end, I know that no matter how thin I might get I'll still be unhappy with my thighs and the size of my ass. It's a fact... Even back in my dancing days, I was self conscious about my thighs and my ass and I was pretty thin back then.
So, how about a little list of what I love about my body?
My boobs... Honestly, they're pretty fucking awesome! LOL!! and nicely proportioned with the rest my of body. With the help of a push-up bra, they look really nice in a v-neck tee. :D
My smile... Thanks to my parents shelling out $3600.00 for me to have braces, I have a smile I can be proud of... I guess I can just say mouth because....I LOVE MY LIPS! (there's a Veggie Tales song... look it up... it's silly but fun)
Those dark brown pools of mystery I call my eyes... My husband says they're black, but he's wrong. They're almost black. So dark you can barely see where the pupil is. The windows to my soul... I can keep you guessing with them.
My overall body shape. I love my curves! If I were to lose weight, I wouldn't want to lose so much that I lost them. Besides... they make my husband happy too. When I was 10 pounds lighter than I am now, my husband actually told me that he didn't want me to lose too much more weight. He thought I was thin enough. What a sweet guy! At that point I was still thinking of losing 5-10 more pounds just to be within what is considered a "healthy" weight range.
So, what do you love about your body? Take some time if you need to, but find atleast one thing you love. It doesn't even have to be based on how it looks. It could be as simple as "it's this part and it works likes it supposed to." But find it and build on that.
<enter catchy sign off line here>
I have a tough time with this one... Despite working hard on my relationship with food and exercise, I still have not worked too hard on my relationship with my body. Something for me to think about for sure!
ReplyDeleteI guess that I'm thankful for my legs and my lungs, which are key to getting me to where I want to be at: a half-marathon runner. :-)
I also like my face. I was always a "I have such a pretty face, if only I lost the weight" girl, but now I'm learning that weight loss doesn't make me more beautiful.
Rock you curves girl... Nothing more attractive that a woman who is is self confident with herself. I love my JLO ass and strong legs. I wish I had a better stomach but after having a baby at 40 I will always have the kangaroo pooch and I am fine with that. I work out for my health not for the number on the scale. I had issues with food in my late 20's and early 30's and will never go back there again. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete